Every gift matters. We thank you for your support.
A donation to FRIENDS enables us to:
- serve over 100 schools and nearly 6,000 preschoolers, teachers, and parents through our Kinder Konzerts program, introducing young children to orchestral instruments, musicians, Orchestra Hall, and the connections between text and sounds
- commission our 18th original work for Kinder Konzerts, which premiered in September 2019. Composer Danial Nass wrote the music to accompany the Northwoods tale One-Dog Canoe, written by Minnesota author Mary Casanova. FRIENDS partnered with Minnesota Public Radio and the Minnesota Orchestra in March 2020 to record One-Dog Canoe.
- provide Kinder Konzerts at Home e-learning curriculum based on the Perfect Square during Covid-19.
- the 60th Young Artist Competition in January 2019 gave young musicians from across the country the opportunity to prepare and perform repertoire, receive feedback from professional musicians, and earn awards as they build their resumes. Maestro Osmo Vänskä awarded the Grand Prize to the First Prize winner, harpist Grace Roepke, which includes a performance with the Minnesota Orchestra as part of the regular 2020/21 season – a major opportunity now afforded her through our Competition
- host Meet a Musician/ACCENT programs which received the League of American Orchestra’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Program. Some of our most recent programs include:
- Charles Lazarus, Trumpet
- Libby Larsen, Composer
- Susie Park, Violin, First Associate Concert Master
- Timothy Zavadil, Clarinet
- Osmo Vänskä, Music Director & Erin Keefe, Concert Master
- Kristen Bruya, Bass and Katherine Nettleman, Bass
- Roger Frisch, Violin, Associate Concertmaster Emeritus & Dr. Kendall Lee, Mayo Clinic Neurosurgeon (presented a program about Roger’s incredible recovery from Essential Tremor through deep brain stimulation surgery).
Your gift tells us that you share our passion and that you support what we do. Any amount is welcome.
We thank you!
All gifts are 100% tax-deductible. FRIENDS of the Minnesota Orchestra is a 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to growing music education, volunteerism, and changing lives through the power of music.
For more great photos that highlight our programs and outreach, please click here.