Renew: to restore, rebuild, resume
It’s time for renewal.
We wish you and your family health, safety, and hope for the future as you navigate the COVID-19 crisis. We at FRIENDS are sorely missing face-to-face gatherings and the irreplaceable experience of hearing live classical music together, and likely you are as well. Let’s hope both resume soon.
Together we share an understanding that the arts have the unique ability to provide solace, healing, connection, and joy — things we need now more than ever.
For FRIENDS, this has indeed been a time for renewal. We are rebuilding our programs in order to continue our commitment to supporting classical music, now and for future generations of audiences and musicians.
- Many of our live programs have been converted to digital content or are in that process, including Kinder Konzerts for young children and our main fund-raising event, It’s in the Bag!
- We’re also moving outside for events when appropriate, with an ice cream social and garden party imagined for next summer’s final Meet a Musician/ACCENT event
- Our 61st Young Artist Competition will take place in May 2021. Semifinalists will compete virtually but finalists in person, and we will stream the final performances so that all can hear the finalists and the selection of the competition winner
Help us continue the vital work in our community that only FRIENDS performs. Please join us.
FRIENDS Memberships are up for renewal now.
As a FRIENDS member and supporter, you help keep our four educational programs: Kinder Konzerts in the Hall, Kinder Konzerts on the Road, Young Artist Competition, and Meet a Musician/ACCENT possible as we restore, rebuild, and resume. These programs are developed and produced by FRIENDS (not by the Minnesota Orchestra): therefore, we must fund these programs as a separate organization.
Membership in FRIENDS of the Minnesota Orchestra:
- is on a one-year basis
- renews beginning September 1st of each year
- is offered at five levels (Individual, Household, Contributor, Benefactor, and Innovator)
Thank you again for your support of FRIENDS of the Minnesota Orchestra.