Meet A Musician/ACCENT with Susie Park
April 4th, 6pm
Out of stock
Australian-born Susie Park, the Minnesota Orchestra’s first associate concertmaster, had already toured with the Orchestra before beginning her appointment in September 2015
- Susie has concertized around the world, performing solos with European orchestras (Vienna Symphony, Orchestre National de Lille, Royal Philharmonic); American orchestras (Pittsburgh Symphony, San Francisco Symphony, Indianapolis Symphony, Memphis Symphony and Orchestra of St. Luke’s)
- She has collaborated with conductors including Simon Rattle, Hans Vonk, Alan Gilbert, Fabio Luisi and Yehudi Menuhin, performing in venues ranging from New York’s Carnegie Hall, Alice Tully Hall and the Metropolitan Museum of Art to Symphony Hall in Boston, the Ravinia Festival and Millenium Park in Chicago, Philadelphia’s Kimmel Center, the Smithsonian Institute, Vienna Musikverein Cologne Philharmonie, Düsseldorf Tonhalle and Danish Radio Concert Hall
- Susie won top honors at the International Violin Competition of Indianapolis, the Wieniawski Competition in Poland and the Yehudi Menuhin International Competition in France
- Susie is passionate about chamber music. She is a founding member of ECCO, the East Coast Chamber Orchestra, a conductorless ensemble comprising a diverse selection of talented chamber musicians, soloists and principal string players from American orchestras
We are in for a real treat!
Please join us for social hour (wine or beer, a delicious buffet dinner from D’Amico) followed by Susie’s presentation beginning at 7 pm. She’s preparing to play excerpts from the music she used to audition for the Orchestra:
- Strauss Ein Heldenleben
- Brahms Symphony 1
- Tchaikovsky violin concerto
- Mozart 4th violin concerto
And we’ll save some time for your questions.
This is an intimate setting and a great opportunity to learn more about a key new Minnesota Orchestra player
The April 4th ACCENT is being held on the Mezzanine level of Orchestra Hall. Parking is available at nearby parking facilities, including the adjoining Orchestra Hall lot.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an ACCENT SERIES HOLDER, you do not need to register again. We will email you separately just to confirm that you’ll be joining us April 4th.