Grace Roepke, winner of both the First Prize and Grand Prize of FRIENDS’ 2019 Young Artist Competition shares a performance of the cadenza from Ginastera’s Harp Concerto, performed recently at the Cleveland Institute of Music.
Grace will be performing with the Minnesota Orchestra in April 2021.
Did you miss the final round?
Click here to see the full video on the FRIENDS Youtube Channel.
Make sure to subscribe to our channel so you don’t miss future videos.
Our next Young Artist Competition will take place in 2021.
Information about registration will be released Summer of 2020.
To sign up to be notified about registration for the 2021 Young Artist Competition, please fill out the form below.
60th Competition Winners
2019 Winners and their Awards
Grace Roepke, harp – Grand Prize and First Prize
- Performance with the Minnesota Orchestra in a Subscription Series plus $1,000
- $5,000 Founders Award
- $2,500 FRIENDS of the Minnesota Orchestra Achievement Award
Alexander Hersh, cello – 2nd Place Prize
- $4,000 FRIENDS of the Minnesota Orchestra Award
- $500 Vincent R. Bastain Memorial Award
- St Paul Civic Orchestra Performance
Eva Aronian, violin – 3rd Place Prize
- $2,000 FRIENDS of the Minnesota Orchestra Award
- $1,000 Minnesota Orchestra Musicians Award
Jeremy Tai, cello
- Aspen Summer program – value over $5,000
Zachery Mowitz, cello
- $1,000 Elaine Lagerstrom memorial string award
Sahun (Sam) Hong, piano
- $1,000 Twin Cities Musicians Union Award
Semi-finalist Hua Zhang, violin
- Madeline Island Chamber Music, 5-week summer fellowship program